Privacy and Security Policies
- Privacy Principles
Information is extensively collected in the purchase of an insurance policy so that Pru Life Insurance Corporation of U.K. and/or its authorized representatives may be able to provide the right insurance advice to you, and so that we may effectively underwrite and service your insurance policies with us. For the purpose of this clause, you agree that "information" shall mean any information and data relating to you and collected by Pru Life Insurance Corporation of U.K. and/or its authorized representatives.Pru Life Insurance Corporation of U.K. and/or its authorized representatives collect aggregate information throughout this website and review and discard the information in some cases (e.g. IP address logs for file transfers), while in others may use the information to tailor the users' web experience, generate anonymous statistics, or to contact users by email or post (e.g. to send newsletters, etc.). Users may opt-out of receiving future mailings. This site contains links to other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
Your privacy and confidentiality are of utmost importance to us. We have adopted the following privacy principles to preserve your personal information.
- We will only obtain personal information by lawful and fair means.
- We will disclose policy information only to the rightful policy-owner and will not disclose any information to a third party without the policy-owner's written and signed authorization. We will not reveal any customer and policy information to any external organization, unless authorized by the policy-owner in writing with original signature, or if we are required by law to do so.
- Notwithstanding the provisions of clause 2 above, you agree that: (i) Pru Life Insurance Corporation of U.K. and/or its authorized representatives may transfer, disclose or communicate any information relating to your policies to any of the branches, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and representatives of Pru Life Insurance Corporation of U.K., Prudential Corporation Asia, Prudential plc and third parties selected by any of them, to be used for the purpose of offering, soliciting or providing any product or service which may be of interest or benefit to you or related to your policy/ies or for any other purpose such as data processing and storage, anti-money laundering monitoring, review and reporting; (ii) Pru Life Insurance Corporation of U.K., its offices, branches, subsidiaries, affiliates, agents and representatives may transfer, disclose and use any such information as may be required by law or regulation; and (iii) to the fullest extent permitted by law to waive your rights under Republic Act No. 10173, known as the Data Privacy Act of 2012, and Presidential Decree No. 1718 or any applicable data protection legislation from time to time in force.
- We will protect your personal information from any misuse or disclosure. Notwithstanding the above, you agree that Pru Life Insurance Corporation of U.K. and/or its authorized representatives may monitor your use of this Website and may freely use and disclose any information and materials received from you or collected through your use of this Website for any lawful reason or purpose.
- Security Policy
- We have taken security measures to ensure that your personal information is protected and secure. These include:
- Using 128-bit strong Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to achieve the desired maximum security to protect the information transaction over the Internet. SSL protocol provides a secure "end to end" communication and also validates our website's authenticity.
- Inactive sessions are timed out to prevent unauthorized use in case you accidentally leave the session logged on after you have finished your transactions.
- Reviewing and conducting risk assessment on our web application to ensure your interest is protected.
- To access the PRUaccess Website, you will be required to use a User ID and password [Personal Identification Number (“PIN”)], which will only be known to you. In order to safeguard your PIN, you should do the following:
- Change your PIN immediately once you receive your PIN mailer and destroy the PIN mailer.
- Memorize your PIN and do not disclose it to anyone.
- Do not store your PIN or write it down anywhere.
- Regularly change your PIN.
- Do not use passwords that relate to your daily life (for example, car plate number, identity numbers or date of births of yourself or your close loved ones).
- Select a PIN comprised of uppercase and lowercase alpha-numerics.
- Switch off "Auto-complete" in your Internet Options.
- Clear your cache and browsing history after you have logged out from the Website.
- PINs should never be revealed to anyone. This applies to our staff, including those extending technical assistance to you.
- Other protective measures you should take to increase security include:
- Typing web addresses directly into the address bars. Avoid entering websites for online transactions via web links from other sources.
- Do not leave an active online session unattended to prevent any transactions from occurring without your authorization.
- Clear your cache of web browsers and history after logging out.